Special Focus Issue of School Science and Mathematics Journal
Parent Engagement in Science and Mathematics Learning
Click here for the complete Call for Papers
Guest Editors: Julie Thomas and Sandi Cooper
Overview: This special focus issue of SSMJ will highlight important issues, current
research, and successful programs related to partnerships with parents and families. In particular,
the editors seek manuscripts that address the following:
- How might parent engagement improve science and mathematics learning?
- What are some effective models of engaging parents in science and mathematics learning?
- How do parents’ attitudes and beliefs about science and mathematics impact student achievement?
- What are some effective models of preparing preservice teachers to engage parents in science and mathematics learning?
- What program or resources support or encourage parent involvement in science and mathematics?
- What guides parents and teachers understanding about technology as a useful tool in science and mathematics learning?
Manuscripts need to be submitted by April 1, 2014 through Scholar One website.
See the journal website for details:
Please indicate in your cover letter that your manuscript is to be considered for the Parent
Engagement special issue. This special issue will be published in January, 2015. Inquiries are
welcome and may be sent to Dr. Julie Thomas (email@example.com) or Dr. Sandi Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org).